Paço Duques Bragança (Guimarães)
The Ducal Palace of the Bragança in Guimarães was ordered built in the 15th Century by Afonso - an illegitimate son of king João I and Inês Pires Esteves - which was the 1st Duke of the House of Bragança and the 8th Count of Barcelos. The Palace was only inhabited permanently during the 15th Century and in the following centuries a progressive abandonment and consequent ruin settled. This condition was only altered when - in the 19th century - what was left of the Palace was reused so a military barracks could be installed in its premises and, in the 20th century, due to political motivations, it was fully rebuilt.
Between 1937 and 1959 a complex reconstruction was carried out based on a project by the architect Rogério de Azevedo. At the same time, a Commission was created to gather a group of objects, dating mostly from the 17th and 18th centuries, in order to assemble the interiors.
The Ducal Palace of the Bragança was classified as a National Monument in 1910 - even before its reconstruction. Inside there is a Museum (1st floor), a wing for the Presidency of the Republic (main facade, 2nd floor) and a vast area dedicated to several cultural initiatives (on the ground floor).
The Ducal Palace has a set of areas that may be used to carry out different types of events, such as: receptions, cocktails, concerts, meetings, conferences, seminars, amongst others which fit the typology of the area in question.
Impressive monumental complex located in the city "cradle" of the Portuguese nation
Call us or email us - if you're around Lisbon, let's have a coffee. This may very well be the first step towards the most amazing event of your life.
- Rua do Pólo Norte, 18, Escritório 3.1 - 1990-266 Lisboa, Portugal
- (+351) 21 390 42 08 (Subjected to the local fixed fee for a landline call /Custo de chamada para rede fixa nacional / Costo de una llamada por linea fija nacional /Cout d'un appel local par téléphone fixe)
- (+351) 91 437 68 55